Earth Hour videoblog and photography contest is brought to you by SM City Iloilo which aims to encourage individuals to share their experience with the Earth Hour program. It also aims to develop environmental awareness by sharing content ideas on how to minimize and setback climate change. This contest is open to individuals who have the passion to inform and share their enthusiast in conserving the environment.
How to join
Simply join SM City Iloilo as they celebrate Earth Hour on March 31, 2012, 7:30PM-9PM at the Elevated Parking Lot near Starbucks.
Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open to both amateur and professional photographers, videobloggers and enthusiasts.
- All photos/ video must be taken during the Earth Hour Program at SM City Iloilo on March 31, 2012 from 6PM-10PM.
- Participants may use any digital or film-based camera.
- Photo Entries must be printed in full colour on any brand of photo paper in 8R size (8 inches x 10 inches)
- Manually retouched and/or painted print outputs are not allowed.
- Video blog is only limited to 30 seconds and should contain the participants experience during the Earth Hour 2012.
- The Videoblog must contain details about the earth hour experience of the participant and must be shot during the Earth Hour 2012 event at SM City Iloilo elevated parking lot near Starbucks.
- Creative effects done within the camera at the time of exposure e.g. multiple exposures, flash fill, lighting, filtration, etc. are allowed.
- Digital retouching on density, contrast adjustments, minor cropping, burning, and dodging may be tolerated, although major manipulation of main images through adding or subtracting are not allowed.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on or before April 1 at 5PM
- Judging of entries will be on April 3 at 5 PM.
- Winners will be notified via email and announced at https://www.facebook.com/smcityiloilo.
Submission of Entries
Photo and Videoblog participants may download the official registration form at http://smcityiloilo.blogspot.com
Actual photos should be submitted in an envelope with the Official Registration Form to the Marketing Department of SM City Iloilo and a soft copy of the photo entry must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EARTH HOUR 2012 AT SM CITY ILOILO”
For videoblog completion, videoblog link and the official registration form must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject “EARTH HOUR 2012 AT SM CITY ILOILO”
Prizes at Stake for Each Category
- First Prize P3,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates and Gift Packs
- Second Prize P2,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates and Gift Packs
- Third Prize P1,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates and Gift Packs
The entries will be judged by a panel of experts based upon the following criteria:
- Relevance to Category topic 30%
- Composition/ Arrangement 30%
- Creativity and Originality 40%
All entries become the property of SM City Iloilo, which will have the right to reproduce, exhibit, or publish the images for promotional purposes, indicating/acknowledging the photographer. SM City Iloilo may display the prints in a public venue, or publish them for the purpose of promoting Earth Hour 2012, without any financial compensation to the photographers.
Download the registration form using this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wg74xm